||Home > Pastoral visits > 2013-09-19 14:08:44
Details of Pope Francis' visit to Sardinia on Sunday September 22nd
(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis heads to Cagliari on the Italian island of Sardinia this Sunday (September 22nd) for a pastoral visit that includes celebrating mass at the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Bonaria. The Pope announced in May that he wished to visit the Marian Shrine of Bonaria or “Good Air” because it gave his hometown of Buenos Aires its name.
During his 10-hour visit to the city of Cagliari, the Pope will also meet workers, business representatives, prisoners, the poor, young people, leading representatives from the world of culture and the island’s Catholic bishops.
Here is the official schedule for his trip: The times listed are local:
– 7:30 am: Departure from Rome’s Ciampino airport for Cagliari.
– 8:15 pm: Arrival at Cagliari’s “Mario Mameli” Airport.
– 8:45 am: Pope meets with workers and business representatives in Carlo Felice square. Speech by Pope.
– 9:45 am: Pope greets local authorities in the square in front of the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Bonaria. He will then meet with people coping with illness in the Basilica of Our Lady of Bonaria.
– 10:30 am: Mass in the Square in front of the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Bonaria. Homily by Pope.
– 1 pm: Lunch with bishops of Sardinia at the regional pontifical seminary.
– 3 pm: Pope meets with the poor and prisoners in Cagliari’s cathedral. Speech by Pope.
– 4 pm: Pope meets with people representing the world of culture in an audience hall inside the Pontifical Faculty of Theology. Speech by Pope.
– 5 pm: Pope meets with young people in Carlo Felice square. Speech by Pope.
– 6:30 pm: Departure for Rome’s Ciampino airport.
– 7:30 pm: Arrival at the Vatican.